My name is Brent Huisman, working as a Postdoc in radio therapy. Here I use Monte Carlo tools to estimate the in-vivo dose to every patient. Earlier, I earned a PhD in particle therapy, on the subject of prompt gammas for treatment verification. I’ve got a master’s degree in particle physics, and within my master’s thesis I worked on proton computed tomography.
As a student representative and as board member of a study association, I learned what a good team can accomplish. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time as treasurer, secretary of an event with the top strategy consultants of the world and co-organizing a symposium featuring a Nobel prize winner.
- Research – a short overview of past and present research activities.
- Gate – contributed code to the open source Monte Carlo tool Gate, used for the simulation of photon and particle therapy and imaging. My main contribution is the PromptGammaTLE actor, which speeds up the convergence of the prompt gamma signal by a factor of 1000.
- par2deep – Produce, verify and repair par2 files recursively.
- lastfmtagupdater – Update your music files with tags from Last.FM.
- flickrsimplesync – Sync your photos to flickr.
- phd_tools – Set of tools to work with Gate outputs (MHD image class, RTPlan class, plot functions) and scripts to process and view such data.
- sphinx-natbib2 – a fork of sphinx-natbib that fixes an issue with citations inside captions.
- PySPARC – a Python implementation for data acquisition with a HiSPARC DAQ. Helped with performance profiling and wrote the proof of concept from scratch.
- Plugins for Obraz – Obraz is a compact html generator in Python. Helped squash a few bugs, wrote a few custom plugins.
- Blog – occasional musings on life, the universe, and everything.
- Photography – check out my photos on Flickr, check my blog for posts tagged 'photo'.
- Music – r/mu-chill, r/mu-energy, Deadmau5, Jaytech, Kygo.
- Reading – apart from my news feeds, these blogs are always interesting: Strange Maps, Low Tech Magazine (Dutch) and Ex Urbe.
- Gaming – see what I've been up to on my Steam profile, or here.
- Detecting and correcting fallacies, a full list can be found here.
- Podcasts: Bad Voltage, OVT, Archos, Hardcore History, 99 percent invisible, In Our Time, Radio Doc, This American Life, Revisionist History.